Engaging with its local, national and international communities is an important part of Carnegie’s corporate philosophy. As such, Carnegie works to engage with both the local community around its corporate headquarters and the Perth Wave Energy Project site as well as in the communities in which it is developing other future CETO Projects.
Carnegie pursues opportunities to engage community members in the CETO technology and project development process via talks, tours and exhibits. In addition, Carnegie also encourages and allows staff members to provide service in the community through company fundraising events and community service days.
Some of Carnegie’s community outreach activities have included:
- Local speaking engagements and knowledge sharing activities with local community groups such as Probus, Rotary, the Society for Underwater Technology, University of Western Australia’s Engineers Club and the Institute of Engineers.
- International conference presentations including at the European Wave & Tidal Energy Conference, All Energy UK, Renewable UK and the European Ocean Energy Conference.
- Talks and tours for local school groups, including the National Youth Science Forum.
- Participating in museum exhibitions such as the Immerse Exhibit at the WA Maritime Museum and the Climate Change Exhibit at SciTech.
- Community days such as; Clean Up Australia Day;
- National Plant a Tree Day
- Community Information Days – Carnegie has had a community information booth at the Rockingham Shopping Centre with staff on hand to answer questions and provide information to the public on the Perth Wave Energy Project.
- Department of Defence Walk to Work Day – Defence Force members based on Garden Island participated in family day activities which included a Carnegie information tent to advise them of the progress of the Perth Wave Energy Project and the intended benefits to the Department of Defence.
- Fremantle Ports Maritime Day – Carnegie provided information to the local Fremantle community, conducted a feedback survey and provided interactive activities at their stand.