Named after a Greek sea goddess, CETO offers the potential to revolutionise power and water production globally. CETO harnesses the enormous renewable energy present in our ocean’s waves and converts it into two of the most valuable commodities underpinning the sustainable growth of the planet; zero-emission electricity and zero-emission desalinated water.
The CETO system is different from other wave energy devices as it operates under water where it is safer from large storms and invisible from the shore. The fully submerged buoys drive pumps and generators that are contained offshore, within the buoy itself, with power delivered back to shore through subsea cables to power desalination plants as well as for export into the grid.
CETO Technology characteristics include:
- Converts ocean wave energy into zero-emission electricity and desalinated water.
- Environmentally friendly, has minimal visual impact and attracts marine life.
- Fully-submerged in deep water, away from breaking waves and beachgoers, and safer from storms.
- Tens of thousands of hours of in-ocean operational testing.
Click image below to view a full size CETO 6 technology schematic
Advantages of CETO
- No Visual Impact – fully submerged
- Developed & Proven – over 10 years with onshore, wave tank and tens of thousands of hours of in-ocean testing
- Flexible -operates in variety of water depths, swell directions, tides & seafloor conditions, onshore & offshore power generation
- Storm Survivability – fully submerged & energy dampening system
- Security – provides emissions free sustainable energy and water security to countries & islands
- Scalable – modular array design
- Minimal – environmental impact, co-exists with marine life.
- Desalination – zero-emission freshwater & co-production possible